Northern Highlights South
SMALL GROUP TOURS
10 day tour from £3,095pp
Why we love this tour
Camping like you've never seen it before! If you love being on safari, there's no better way to immerse yourself in the magical parks of Botswana than on a luxury mobile camping tour. With a maximum of just 7 people on this small group tour, you'll be sure to make friendships that last long after the trip has ended.
With some superb game viewing in Chobe both on land and by river, to exploring the fringes of the Okavango Delta by mokoro, ending in the depths of Moremi, we've no doubt you'll soon settle into safari life. This is the perfect trip to get away from it all and relax with nature quite literally on your doorstep!
Note this is our much loved Northern Highlights Northbound in reverse.
- Get up close with elephants and hippos on a classic Chobe river safari
- Experience the superb game viewing in the Central Chobe area of Savuti which is prime cheetah territory
- Explore the outskirts of the Delta by mokoro
- Discover the wonders of the Xakanaxa region in Moremi Game Reserve searching for endangered wild dogs
Day 1 | Chobe River, Kasane
Our first day on this safari begins with a morning boat cruise along the Chobe River with the chance to get up close and personal with large herds of elephants bathing in the river and surrounding ourselves with pods of hippos - a fabulous way to start the trip!
Days 2-3 | Savuti, Central Chobe
After such a great intro to Botswana, we head to the Central Chobe region of Savuti, where we get to witness the fascinating interaction between lions and elephants in this area. The Savuti Marsh is prime cheetah country giving us an excellent chance to spot this rare and magnificent animal, and has been the stage for many of the most dramatic wildlife documentaries in Africa.
Days 4-6 | Mababe Private Reserve
Leaving the parched landscape, we continue our journey south to the Mababe Private Reserve where we spend the following three nights camping at an exclusive campsite in the concession, exploring the delta floodplains and surrounding area on both day and night game drives, seeing the wilderness on foot and by the famous mokoro canoes, all giving us the chance to enjoy an up close and personal encounter with Botswana’s flora and fauna.
Days 7-10 | Xakanaxa, Moremi Game Reserve
Our final journey follows the water weaving from the riverside and floodplains to Moremi which lies on the eastern extremity of the Okavango Delta. We pass the magnificent Dombo Hippo Pools stopping to enjoy the scenery and the antics of the resident hippo. Our final 3 nights are spent in the Xakanaxa region where we explore the surrounding wilderness on morning and afternoon game drives. Moremi is amongst the best game reserves in Africa for viewing the endangered African wild dog, and the surrounding area covers the territories of at least 4 prides of lion! Following breakfast and an early morning game drive, you will be then taken to the airstrip for your charter flight back to Maun where our safari ends.
- Starts: Kasane
- Ends: Maun
- Dates: This tour operates all year round but we recommend Apr-Oct
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range mobile tented camps
- Age restrictions: 12+
- 9 nights en-suite comfortable tented accommodation in exclusive camps
- Charter flight to Moremi
- All meals and drinks
- All game viewing activities
- Airport transfer to Kasane
- Services of a guide, chef and camp help
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Travel insurance
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Meals and activities not specified in the detailed itinerary
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature