Into Botswana & Zimbabwe
15 day tour from £3,950pp
Why we love this tour
With some of the world’s greatest wildlife, Botswana and Zimbabwe are perfect partners for a safari. This trip makes the most of your time away by exploring two of Southern Africa's most enigmatic countries with endangered wild dogs, rhino tracking, and the iconic Victoria Falls, across 15 days.
If you are looking for multiple bucket list ticks in one holiday, this is a great option and great value for the places visited. With a great itinerary, comfortable 3 to 4* lodges and small groups of 4 to 12 people, we love what this trip offers.
- Feel the power of the mighty Victoria Falls and get up close and personal with Africa's largest concentration of elephants on the Chobe River
- Discover Zimbabwe's largest reserve of Hwange
- Explore Lake Kariba on a luxury houseboat
- Wind your way through the waterways of the Delta by mokoro
- Experience the thrill of a night drive in Moremi
Days 1-4 | Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe & Chobe National Park, Botswana
We start this tour in Zimbabwe where you can see, hear and feel the spray from the magnificent Victoria Falls! You'll have time to explore the town and enjoy one of the many optional activities on offer in this unique area - take to the skies in a helicopter over the falls for fabulous views or microlight if you dare... After a couple of days we pop into Botswana and understand the wonders of the Chobe river and get up close and personal with the large herds of elephants renowned for this part of the park. With huge pods of hippos, many crocodiles and the significant birdlife surrounding the riverbeds, the boat safaris promise to be as good if not better than those on land.
Days 5-7 | Hwange National Park & Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
Heading back into Zimbabwe, we explore Hwange, the largest reserve in Zimbabwe and home to abundant wildlife, including a very large concentration of giraffe which are always a pleasure to spot. Next we move on Lake Kariba and our luxury houseboat home for 2 nights - a truly unique experience topped off with a beach barbeque under the stars.
Days 8-11 | Matobo Hills, Zimbabwe & Nata & Makgadikgadi, Botswana
Moving on from Lake Kariba we travel southwards to the majestic Matobo Hills, an area of exquisite beauty, steeped in tribal history, ancient mystery and dramatic rock landscapes, where we take part in some rhino tracking and game drives. Crossing back into Botswana for the final time we visit the Nata Bird Sanctuary, a particular highlight for avid bird watchers, with large flocks of flamingos and pelicans that breed here each year. From here we head towards Gweta and embark on an expedition to Ntwetwe Pan to encounter some of Botswana’s most distinctive landscapes and extraordinary creatures.
Days 12-15 | Moremi Game Reserve & Maun, Botswana
We stop briefly in Maun, Botswana's tourism capital for some leisure time before heading to our final destination on this tour, Moremi. Situated in the east of the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve ranks as one of the most beautiful reserves in Africa. The varied terrain includes savannah, winding waterways, and dense forest which supports an incredibly wide spectrum of wildlife, ranging from large herds of buffalo, wildebeest and zebra, to the rare sitatunga and lechwe antelope, lion, cheetah and packs of wild dog in the open grasslands. With land and water-based game viewing, as well as the chance to experience a night drive and discover nocturnal animals, this is one fantastic way to end a tour!
- Starts/Ends: Victoria Falls to Maun
- Operated by: Jenman Safaris
- Dates: This tour operates from Mar to Nov on selected scheduled dates
- Group size: Min 4, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-range lodges/tents/houseboat
- Age restrictions: 12+ (note under 16's not allowed on mokoro)
- 14 nights accommodation
- 14 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- All road transfers
- Various non-safari activities as stated
- All game drives and water-based activities as stated (seasonal)
- Services of a tour guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- All flights
- Meals and activities not stated
- Visas (multiple entry required)
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature