Experience the South
14 day tour from £2,150pp
Why we love this tour
An all encompassing trip that covers all the highlights of this fantastic region in South Africa. Visit the beautiful city of Cape Town, the picturesque winelands, the Garden Route with its whale migration, lush vegetation, sandy beaches, impressive cliffs, and beautiful lagoons, and Addo Elephant Park where the wildlife awaits.
- A fully guided trip covering all the highlights of the Cape and the Garden Route
- Includes a visit to Addo National Park with game viewing in open safari vehicles
- Take in spectacular scenery on the Garden Route
- Enjoy wine tasting in Stellenbosch
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope and the Cape Peninsular
Days 1-4 | Cape Town & Stellenbosch
On arrival at Cape Town Airport you'll be transferred to one of the most beautiful cities in the world - Cape Town! Make your way to the top Table Mountain, explore the city’s history with a local guide, and visit the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, well-known its unique charm and bustling activities. We'll also head down the peninsula to Cape Point and say hello to the African Penguins at Boulder's Beach before moving onto Stellenbosch, the home of all things wine.
Days 5-8 | Hermanus & Oudtshoorn
As we move onto towards the Garden Route you'll have a chance to go whale watching (in season), go hiking, relax on the beach and taste some delicious locally made cheeses. As we leave the coast behind and make our way inland along the picturesque Route 62 to Oudtshoorn, we'll discover Cape-Dutch and Victorian architecture on a historical walk in Swellendam and visit the Cango Caves and Ostrich farms in the Karoo.
Days 9-11 | Wilderness & Tsitsikamma
Heading back towards the beaches of Wilderness and the surrounding areas, we enjoy a spectacular coastline train experience, crossing rivers and deep gorges with magnificent views across the Indian Ocean and the green coastal belt. Next up we explore explore the charming town of Knysna, located next to a lagoon, and Plettenberg Bay with a hike in the stunning Robberg Nature Reserve taking in the fantastic views of rugged cliffs, deep-blue seas and seals playing in the waters. Finally we reach Tsitsikamma National Park, a true paradise for hikers, nature-lovers, and adventurers alike. Crossing the Storms River Mouth on a suspension bridge, you will feel the refreshing breeze and hear the surf splashing against the shore, and you can even explore the river mouth lanked by precipitous cliffs, and its fascinating forest vegetation by kayak if you want to!
Days 12-14 | Addo & Port Elizabeth
Our trip continues via Port Elizabeth towards the famous Addo Elephant National Park where we enjoy a boat cruise along the Sundays River in the South, before embarking on an extensive whole day game drive in Addo looking for South Africa’s wildlife in an open safari vehicle, getting us up close and personal with Africa's finest wildlife and the large elephant herds that call this area home. Spend your last evening enjoying a traditional South African braai over an open fire, and share your trip highlights!
- Starts/Ends: Cape Town / Port Elizabeth
- Operated by: Africa Experience
- Dates: This tour operates once or twice a month from Sep to Apr
- Group size: Min 2, Max 10
- Accommodation Type: mid-range boutique hotels / B&Bs
- Age restrictions: 12+
- 13 nights accommodation
- Transport in an air-conditioned minibus
- Activities as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- National Park fees
- Services of a highly experienced guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- All flights
- Meals / activities not stated
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature