East Africa Safari & Beach
16 day tour from £4,775pp
Why we love this tour
In our opinion, there is no safari experience out there that compares to witnessing the great annual migration in Kenya and Tanzania. This tour takes us to the heart of the wildebeest river crossing giving us the best chance possible to take in the sights of this amazing wildlife experience. Add to that a visit to the renowned natural wonder of the world that is the Ngorongoro Crater, and some time in the tropical paradise of Zanzibar and it makes for a pretty unforgettable trip.
This trip is also fabulous outside of the Mara migration season (Jul-Oct), as it covers so much of the most famous East African game parks, with great wildlife sightings even outside of the migration season. Plus, if you're lucky you might catch sight of the massive herds as they, and you, travel across the plains of the Serengeti.
- Witness the annual wildebeest migration in season
- Take in the abundance of wildlife and predators in the mighty Serengeti
- Marvel at the 8th natural wonder of the world – the Ngorongoro Crater
- Soak up the exotic paradise that is Zanzibar
Days 1-5 | Nairobi & The Masai Mara
Our group meets in Nairobi before heading off into the Masai Mara to hopefully witness the annual wildebeest migration (July-October). We spend 3 nights as close to the action as we can get to give ourselves the best chance of watching the famous river crossing.
Days 6-11 | The Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater & Lake Manyara
We cross the Mara into the Serengeti by road via the Isebania Border, and spend our time across the famous plains where our game drives are sure to be filled with oodles of animal sightings, before venturing into the Ngorongoro Crater, a natural phenomenon where wildlife co-exists in a way like no other park. Our time on safari ends in Lake Manyara, known for its tree-climbing lions. After such an amazing experience in the bush, it’s going to be hard to leave. Luckily a tropical paradise is just a short flight away!
Days 12-16 | Zanzibar
Looking for some spice in your life? Want to reach full on zombie state? We’ve got it covered… On our final days you can sit back, relax and enjoy the paradise that this tropical island really is, with spice tours, haggling in the markets, watersports, diving and sailing trips all at your fingertips, and sunsets better than you ever imagined, this island very much lives up to the hype.
- Starts/Ends: Nairobi to Zanzibar
- Operated by: African Horizons
- Dates: Operates all year round but we recommend Jul-Sep for the migration
- Group size: Min 2, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-range small tented safari camps and lodges
- Age restrictions: 8+ although travelling with children is not common
- 15 nights accommodation
- The majority of meals (as stated in the itinerary)
- 9 nights / 10 days on safari, Olduvai Gorge visit and Masai Homestead visit
- All road transfers
- Services of a Tour Leader
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Internal flight to Zanzibar ($250-$450)
- Travel insurance
- Meals and activities not specified in the detailed itinerary
- Gratuities and spending money