10 day tour from £3,995pp (excludes permits)
Why we love this tour
This ten day safari includes a thrilling visit with the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, chimpanzee tracking in both Kibale National Park and Kyambura Gorge, multiple game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park with its wide array of wildlife, including the famous tree climbing lions, a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel, and an optional visit to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary on the beautiful Lake Victoria. Uganda boasts some of the best bird watching in Africa, with over 1000 different species, including the rare shoebill and the remarkable grey crowned crane.
Luxury accommodation, professional guides and custom-made safari vehicles - this Ugandan safari will be the trip of a lifetime.
- Internal flights replace long road journeys
- Search for mountain Gorillas in Bwindi
- Track chimpanzees in Kibale and Kyambura Gorge
- Spot tree-climbing lions in the Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Enjoy a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel
- Enhanced experience in mid-range to luxury hotels and lodges
Days 1-4 | Entebbe & Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
On arrival at Entebbe Airport you'll be transferred to your hotel and depending on your time of arrival, can spend time exploring the city. We'll take a short flight to Bwindi where we will have the opportunity for two days of gorilla tracking, as well as forest walks, visits to a local school or orphanage or the Batwa pygmy village, and curio shopping if you fancy it!
Days 5-7 | Queen Elizabeth National Park
From here we drive a relatively short distance to to Ishasha in the southern part of Queen Elizabeth National Park to experience game drives looking for the huge herds of buffalo, elephant, Uganda kob and of course the famous tree-climbing lion typically found in the area. Heading north in this park we come to the ‘Mweya’ sector which is rich with wildlife with vast numbers of Uganda’s unique and strange Euphorbia, or “candelabra” tree. The many nearby crater lakes and mountain ranges provide a beautiful backdrop for your journey, and here we also enjoy a leisurely boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, where the shores are dotted with herds of elephant, buffalo, pods of hippos, and countless bird species.
Days 8-10 | Kibale National Park
After tracking chimpanzees in the Kyambura Gorge we take a short flight back to Entebbe and then transfer to the Kibale Forest, rich in wildlife and most noted for its primate population including the red-tailed monkey, diademed monkey, olive baboon, chimpanzee, and black and white colobus. Our final day is spent on a further chimpanzee tracking experience where we hope to be lucky enough to see the habituated chimps as they move through the forest. We return to Entebbe for onward journeys home or extended African adventures.
- Starts/Ends: Entebbe
- Operated by: Wild Frontiers
- Dates: This tour operates once or twice a month
- Group size: Min 2, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-luxury hotels and lodges
- Age restrictions: 16+
- 9 nights accommodation
- One way flights Entebbe to Kihihi/QENP
- Airport transfers and 4x4 transport
- Meals/drinks/activities as stated in the itinerary
- National Park fees
- Services of a highly experienced guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Meals / activities not stated
- Gorilla permits $700 per trek / chimp permits $200
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature