Botswana Safari Escape
SMALL GROUP TOURS
10 day tour from £4,375pp
Why we love this tour
A small group safari with a big soul, this 10 day itinerary will guide you from Maun in Botswana to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, with an array of wildlife encounters in between. A scenic flight over the Okavango Delta will give you a birds eye view of its winding waterways, gaining perspective of its intricate ecosystem. Exploring Moremi, Chobe and Hwange National Park provides you with a range of landscapes, each unique in character and equally abundant in wildlife.
- Discover Zimbabwe's largest reserve of Hwange
- Spot the big 5 on day and night drives Moremi
- Wind your way through the waterways of the Delta by mokoro
- Get up close and personal with Africa's largest concentration of elephants on the Chobe River
- Feel the power of the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the seven wonders of the world!
Days 1-3 | Maun & Moremi, Botswana
You'll spend your first night in Maun relaxing from your international flights with the option of a stunning sunset cruise. The following morning you'll travel by road to the Moremi area and your safari accommodation on the edge of the Khwai River, which is the perfect base for mokoro safaris and game walks or game drives. No safari in Botswana is complete without a trip to Moremi as it has been described as one of the most beautiful wildlife reserves in Africa.
Days 4-5 | Chobe National Park, Botswana
Waving goodbye to Moremi, you'll take a short flight to Kasane which is the gateway to the Chobe National Park. Cruise along the Chobe River frontage for great game viewing, and rise early for a game drive through the Chobe bush. The cool morning temperatures make for great game viewing as the large numbers of animals move around before the heat of the day descends. Chobe National Park is famous for its big herds of buffalo and its massive elephant population. This is an up close and inspiring safari destination in Botswana and you will enjoy to the full on safari, especially as it has some of the highest game densities in Africa
Days 6-7 | Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
Your final safari destination is Hwange National Park which you'll explore by game drive and enjoy a unique lunch at a hide overlooking one of the many waterholes in the park. Expect elephant in large numbers, and there’s great viewing of giraffe and a high density of lions. Hopefully you get to tick off all of the big five on this safari in Hwange alone. Your time in the park ends with a special safari painting experience, led by a professional artist, guiding you to create your own masterpiece whilst the sun sets over the horizon.
Days 8-10 | Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Continuing onwards, you'll leave the safari behind and be transferred to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, your base for the next two days. Here you'll enjoy a guided tour of the falls, a sunset cruise down the mighty Zambezi River at sunset, and a mouth-watering potjie experience.
- Starts: Maun
- Ends: Victoria Falls
- Dates: This tour operates on selected scheduled dates throughout the year
- Group size: Min 4, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-range lodges and tents
- Age restrictions: 12+ (note under 16's not allowed on mokoro)
- 9 nights accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Internal flight and all road transfers
- All game drives and water-based activities as stated (seasonal)
- Park fees
- Services of a tour guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights
- Meals and activities not stated
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature