SMALL GROUP TOURS
10 day tour from £4,550pp
Why we love this tour
A combination tour of luxury mobile camps and tented lodges with short flights to cover large distances easily. This itinerary delves into 3 different wildlife rich areas of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve - the central plains, the remote Piper's Pan and the Tau Pan, and once we've had our fill of the desert we move onto exploring the fringes of the Okavango Delta by mokoro and the Khwai Concession Area. If you're looking for diversity in experience and landscape, a touch of luxury and great guiding, this one is for you!
- The chance to sleep in a skybed in the wild Central Kalahari
- Take a walk with a San Bushman family
- Search for the famous black-maned lions
- Stargazing in the Kalahari desert
- Visit the wildlife rich Tau Pan area
- Enjoy a mokoro excursion on the Okavango Delta
Days 1-3 | Central Kalahari Plains
After a short flight from Maun to the Kalahari Plains Lodge where your guide will be waiting to meet you and introduce you to this interesting and diverse area. Your biggest decision during your time here will be to whether you want to sleep in your lodge tent or in your sky bed above it! Take a walk with a San Bushman family, head out on game drives and enjoy stargazing at its best.
Days 4-5 | Piper's Pan
Discover the true remote wilderness of the Piper's Pan area of the Kalahari by staying in a private tented mobile camp miles from anyone and anything but wildlife - heaven! Home to a good cheetah population, resident black-maned lions and several leopard whose territories include parts of the pan, this is an excellent place for Kalahari predators.
Days 6-7 | Tau Pan
We depart from Piper’s Pan and head towards the north-western side of Central Kalahari. Our journey takes us over endless vegetated dune-fields and the extensive Pokoje and San Pans before arriving at the magnificent and wildlife rich Tau Pan. Our lodge is situated on the crest of an ancient dune and has a commanding view of the surrounding wilderness - a perfect base for our time here.
Days 8-10 | Khwai Concession
We board a short flight to Maun and onto the Khwai areawhere the differences in the habitat and wildlife will be instantly noticeable and three nights in this area will offer a contrasting experience. We spend our time between the dry-land habitats of the lead-wood and camel-thorn woodlands and savannahs and the riverside and marshy back-waters of the Khwai, before a final slow game drive returning you to Maun at the end of our journey.
- Starts: Maun
- Ends: Maun
- Dates: This tour operates from Feb to Jun on selected scheduled dates
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range mobile tented camps and mid-luxury lodges
- Age restrictions: 12+
- 9 nights accommodation
- All inclusive in mobile campsites, full board in lodges
- Internal flights
- Park fees and activities as stated
- All road transfers
- Services of a highly trained guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Drinks in lodge accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Optional safari extensions
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature