5 day tour from £2,675pp
Why we love this tour
This short 5 day tour is an authentic walking safari that sets out to discover one of the best wildlife experiences in Hwange, Zimbabwe. Getting your feet on the ground is combined with gamed drives to roam further afield in the Linkwasha Concession.
Set out under the African sun and explore Hwange’s most abundant concession on foot and by vehicle.
Found in the south-eastern corner of Zimbabwe’s largest National Park, our Linkwasha Concession’s diverse range of habitats – teak and mopane woodlands, dry acacia scrub interspersed with saltpans and vast open palm-fringed plains – is a wildlife magnet.
- Access to the private wildlife-rich Linkwasha Concession
- Walks provide one with a sense of immersion into nature, excitement and adventure, while game drives offer the opportunity to explore further afield
- Nights spent in dome tents under the stars create a nostalgic sense of safari
- Begin and end your journey at luxury Wilderness Safaris camps, framing the adventure with indulgence and luxury
Day 1 | Davison's Camp
On arrival at Linkwasha Airstrip, you will be met by your Wilderness Safaris Explorations guide and transferred in an open game-viewer to Davison’s Camp. The first night of this Exploration is spent in the comfort of Davison’s Camp allowing you to settle into the pace of the safari before the walking commences the following morning.
Days 2-3 | Ngamo Plains
Early mornings begin with a short game drive to find suitable areas to walk and explore Hwange’s mix of different veld and woodland landscape types that are a wildlife magnet. At night we enjoy dinner in the wilderness before settling into our dome tents for the the night.
Days 4-5 | Linkwasha Concession
As dawn breaks on our last walking day, we set off for the luxurious Linkwasha Camp taking in the are both on foot and by game drive. Walking in the beautiful acacia fringes of the Ngamo Plains is a definite highlight, as is the final afternoon game drive in the fantastic concession. After a few days in the bush we enjoy a delicious dinner in camp before bedding down on our final night in sumptuous luxury tents.
- Starts/Ends: Linkwasha Airstrip
- Operated by: Wilderness Safaris
- Dates: This tour operates once a month on limited dates Jul to Sep
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: luxury camps and dome tents
- Age restrictions: 13+
- 4 nights accommodation
- Full board + local drinks
- Mineral water on safari
- All road transfers & game drives stated
- Services of a highly experienced guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- All flights & Visas
- All premium drinks
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature