11 day tour from £3,925pp
Why we love this tour
An 11-day multi-country road trip across Botswana, Namibia and Zambia that takes in all the major rivers of this part of the world on a tour that strays away from the norm. Staying in mid-range lodges and camps makes this an affordable itinerary, and each destination is unique giving a wide range of experiences across the trip.
- Experience life with the San D'Kar Bushman
- Cruising on the Okavango
- Driving through the Caprivi Strip
- Feel the power of the mighty Victoria Falls
- Step out onto the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
Days 1-3 | D’kar & Okavango Pan Handle
Our tour group meets in Maun on day 1 and we spend our first night being hosted and entertained by the San D'Kar Community with some traditional dancing thrown into the mix. From here we travel to the Okavango Pan Handle where we get a couple of days to explore this UNESCO World Heritage
area by boat and on foot.
Days 4-5 | Kwando & Katima Mulilo
Leaving Botswana behind we head into the lush Caprivi Strip in Namibia and enjoy game drives and boat cruises across the Bwabwata National Park and the Katima Mulilo areas, before crossing into Zambia.
Days 6-8 | Livingstone
It's time to see, hear and feel the mighty roar of the powerful Victoria Falls! There's a little free time here if you want to get some extra activities in - go microlighting over the falls, be brave and bungee off the famous bridge between Zimbabwe and Zambia, or simply relax and enjoy a little time to yourself.
Days 9-11 | Chobe & Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
As our tour starts to draw to a close we have the opportunity to explore the Chobe floodplains near to Kasane and in the Namibian region by boat, discovering masses of hippos, elephants and crocodiles! We then head to head in to the Nata sanctuary situated at the edge of the Makgadikgadi Pans where the Nata River feeds the Sua Pan and forms the breeding ground for a host of water birds, before returning to Maun.
- Starts/Ends: Maun to Maun
- Operated by: Ultimate Safaris
- Dates: This tour operates monthly from April to Oct on selected scheduled dates
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range camps and lodges
- Age restrictions: 12+
- 10 nights accommodation
- Full board + local drinks
- Mineral water on safari
- Entrance fees and activities as stated
- All road transfers
- Services of a Naturalist Tour Leader
- Pre-departure goody bag
- All flights & Visas
- All premium drinks
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature