Splendours of Kenya
8 day tour from £2,025pp
Why we love this tour
This trip is a true cultural adventure that offers a real insight into the highlights of Kenya, taking in Samburu, Ol Pejeta, Lake Naivasha and the Masai Mara in this short but exciting tour.
Wildlife galore and breath-taking scenery are but one facet of this adventure!
- Discover the Samburu 5 and stay in a unique open camp surrounded by elephants as you sleep
- Spot the big 5 and see plains game in Ol-Pejeta Conservancy
- Go deep into the Rift Valley to see Lake Naivasha
- Take in the magnificence of the mighty Masai Mara
- Stay in a mixture of mid-range lodges and tented camps
Days 1-3 | Nairobi & Samburu Game Reserve
After your long international flight you'll be welcomed with champers and hot towels before being transferred to your hotel in Nairobi for the night. Relax and recover ready for the drive north to Samburu Game Reserve set in the rugged, semi-arid northern region of Kenya, with spectacular scenic landscape, and enjoy several game drives where you must be on the look-out for the 'special five of Samburu' - the reticulated giraffe, Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, gerunuk and the beisa Oryx. The Samburu culture is a truly fascinating one, sharing a great deal of ancestral and linguistic ties to the Masai, and during our time he we have the opportunity to visit a Samburu Manyatta to see how the tribe lives in this harsh surrounding.
Days 4-5 | Ol Pejeta & Lake Naivasha
We then travel south on a scenic drive towards Mt. Kenya for game drives in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Sweetwaters Game Reserve, famous for plenty of plains game and the big five, and home to the endangered Chimpanzee and the Rhino Sanctuaries. Heading further south, we travel to the shores of Lake Naivasha, a fresh water lake set in the heart of the Great Rift Valley.
Days 6-8 | Masai Mara
Our final stop is perhaps Kenya's most famous game reserve, the Masai Mara. We venture through the Great Rift Valley travelling to the northern most extension of the Serengeti Plains and one of the richest wildlife areas where we can still witness animals in the same super-abundance as existed a century ago. During our time here we enjoy game drives, have the option to visit a traditional Masai Manyatta and see their way of life as you learn about their customs and traditions. After a final morning game drive we return to Nairobi and say goodbye...until the next time!
- Starts/Ends: Nairobi to Nairobi
- Operated by: Twiga Safaris
- Dates: This tour operates monthly with multiple departure dates
- Group size: Min 2, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-range lodges and tented camps
- Age restrictions: Children allowed
- 7 nights accommodation
- B&B in Nairobi, full board on safari
- Park fees and activities as stated
- All road transfers
- Services of a highly trained guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Meals/drinks/activities not stated
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature