Northern Highlights North
SMALL GROUP TOURS
10 day tour from £3,095pp
Why we love this tour
Camping like you've never seen it before! If you love being on safari, there's no better way to immerse yourself in the magical parks of Botswana than on a luxury mobile camping tour. With a maximum of just 7 people on this small group tour, you'll be sure to make friendships that last long after the trip has ended.
From the depths of Moremi to exploring the fringes of the Okavango Delta by mokoro, you'll soon settle into safari life, ending with some superb game viewing in Chobe both on land and by river. This is the perfect trip to get away from it all and relax with nature quite literally on your doorstep!
- Discover the wonders of the Xakanaxa region in Moremi Game Reserve searching for endangered wild dogs
- Explore the outskirts of the Delta by mokoro
- Experience the superb game viewing in the Central Chobe area of Savuti which is prime cheetah territory
- Get up close with elephants and hippos on a classic Chobe river safari
Days 1-3 | Xakanaxa, Moremi Game Reserve
Our tour group meets in Maun before boarding a small bush plane into Moremi, where our first three nights are spent in the Xakanaxa region where we explore the surrounding wilderness on morning and afternoon game drives. Moremi is amongst the best game reserves in Africa for viewing the endangered African wild dog, and the surrounding area covers the territories of at least 4 prides of lion!
Days 4-6 | Mababe Private Reserve
After enjoying an early breakfast, we take a slow drive through Moremi Game Reserve north-east towards the Mababe Private Reserve passing the magnificent Dombo Hippo Pools en route. We spend the following three nights camping at an exclusive campsite in the concession, exploring the delta floodplains and surrounding area on both day and night game drives, seeing the wilderness on foot and by the famous mokoro canoes, all giving us the chance to enjoy an up close and personal encounter with Botswana’s flora and fauna.
Days 7-9 | Savuti, Central Chobe
We leave behind Mababe and head further north en route to Central Chobe region of Savuti, where we get to witness the fascinating interaction between lions and elephants in this area. The Savuti Marsh is prime cheetah country giving us an excellent chance to spot this rare and magnificent animal.
Day 10 | Chobe River, Kasane
On our final day on safari we will leave Central Chobe early to travel along the Chobe River arriving in Kasane where we will stop for a picnic lunch. In the afternoon we'll enjoy a final boat safari with the chance to get up close and personal with large herds of elephants bathing in the river and surrounding ourselves with pods of hippos - a fabulous way to end the trip!
- Starts: Maun
- Ends: Kasane
- Dates: This tour operates all year round but we recommend Apr-Oct
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range mobile tented camps
- Age restrictions: 12+
- 9 nights en-suite comfortable tented accommodation in exclusive camps
- Charter flight to Moremi
- All meals and drinks
- All game viewing activities
- Airport transfer to Kasane
- Services of a guide, chef and camp help
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Travel insurance
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Meals and activities not specified in the detailed itinerary
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature