Namibia Under Canvas
SMALL GROUP TOURS
10 day tour from £3,095pp
Why we love this tour
A slightly slower paced 10 day trip designed to offer a true “back to nature” experience using the unique Under Canvas semi-permanent camps, ensuring your feet are firmly in the dust that covers Africa!
All the highlights, just a different style that puts the emphasis on the experiential aspect of safaris, going back to the true roots where you touch, smell and feel the experience of the wild!
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes
- Memorable and exciting guided game drives within the renowned Etosha National Park
- Seek desert-adapted elephants in ephemeral river systems
- Track the endangered black rhino in conjunction with Save the Rhino Trust
- Enjoy spectacular star gazing of the Milky Way
Days 1-3 | Etosha National Park & Ongava Private Reserve
Our tour group meets in Windhoek on day 1 before setting off multiple game viewing opportunities in the Etosha National Park. From spotting wildlife at the camp's private waterhole, to searching out the many animals in the vast Etosha in vehicles with pop-up roofs, to experiencing the thrill of a private reserve...bliss! You'll have a chance to visit the nearby AfriCat Day Centre on the way, a wildlife sanctuary which focuses on the research and rehabilitation of Africa's big cats.
Days 4-6 | Damaraland
Venturing northwest into the wilderness, you'll discover displays of colour, magnificent table topped mountains, rock formations and bizarre looking vegetation. Our time here is spent searching for the elusive desert-adapted elephants in the nearby valleys and black rhino tracking, with hopefully enough time to visit the Twyfelfontein rock engravings.
Day 7 | Swakopmund
A brief coastal interlude in the trip stopping for a night at the fabulous German seaside town of Swakopmund, where we enjoy dinner out sampling the locally harvested seafood.
Days 8-10 | Sossusvlei
We head south towards the Sossusvlei area on a fascinating drive which takes us through awesome and ever-changing desert landscapes (or opt to fly this scenic route!). Enjoy spectacular star gazing on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy and visit the Sesreim Canyon as well as seeing the dunes at sunrise when you head out to explore Sossusvlei and Dead Vlei. The tour ends back in Windhoek, after 10 days seeing all of the major highlights and getting back to nature in some truly fantastic Under Canvas camps.
- Starts: Windhoek
- Ends: Windhoek
- Dates: This tour operates from April to Oct on selected scheduled dates
- Group size: Min 2, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range to luxury semi permanent tents and lodges
- Age restrictions: 12+ and must have basic health/mobility
- 9 nights accommodation
- Full board + local drinks
- Mineral water on safari
- Entrance fees and activities as stated
- All road transfers
- Services of a Naturalist Tour Leader
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- All flights & Visas
- All premium drinks
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature