10 day tour from £2,850pp
Why we love this tour
We've partnered with one of the best safari operators in the region to bring you a truly exceptional small group tour with guides who have unrivaled knowledge of the areas we visit.
This tour involves city, desert, coast and game reserves - what more could you want?!
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes
- Sea kayak with seals and dolphins on the Skeleton Coast Track desert-adapted elephants in ephemeral river systems
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein
- Search for black rhinos in Etosha, one of Africa's biggest national parks, and sleep in the tree tops overlooking a waterhole
Days 1-3 | Windhoek & Sossusvlei
Our tour group meets in Windhoek on day 1 before setting off for the Sossusvlei area. We'll drive through the scenic Khomas Hochland highlands before heading down the Great Escarpment into the Namib Desert below. You'll have a chance to visit the Sesreim Canyon as well as seeing the dunes at sunrise when you head out to explore Sossusvlei and Dead Vlei.
Days 3-5 | Swakopmund
Heading north through ever changing desert landscapes, we'll meet the coastline at Walvis Bay and then reach the fabulous German seaside town of Swakopmund. Explore the colonial town, opt to go sandboarding or quadbiking on the nearby dunes, and enjoy kayaking or a boat tour with the local Cape fur seals.
Days 5-7 Damaraland
Venturing even further north into the wilderness, you'll discover displays of colour, magnificent table topped mountains, rock formations and bizarre looking vegetation. Our time here is spent visiting the Twyfelfontein rock engravings, one of Namibia’s key national monuments and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and searching for the elusive desert-adapted elephants in the nearby valleys.
Days 7-10 | Etosha National Park & Onguma Game Reserve
With multiple game viewing opportunities across 3 different areas, we can't think of a better way to end the tour! From spotting wildlife at the camp's floodlit waterhole, to searching out the many animals in the vast section of central and eastern Etosha National Park, to experiencing the thrill of a private reserve...bliss! You'll have a chance to visit the nearby AfriCat Day Centre before being dropped back in Windhoek.
- Starts/Ends: Windhoek to Windhoek
- Operated by: Ultimate Safaris
- Group size: Min 1, Max 7
- Accommodation Type: mid-range to semi-luxury lodges
- Age restrictions: 12+ and must have basic health/mobility
- 9 nights accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- 10 Activities
- All road transfers
- Services of a Naturalist Tour Leader
- Pre-departure goody bag
- All flights & Visas
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature