Explore Uganda & Rwanda
8 day tour from £4,250pp (excludes permits)
Why we love this tour
One of the most incredible wildlife experiences you will ever encounter awaits you on this trip of a lifetime that combines Uganda - the Pearl of Africa – and Rwanda – the Land of a Thousand Hills. Coming face to face with endangered mountain gorillas is a truly unforgettable experience. Explore Queen Elizabeth National Park with its amazing selection of wildlife including the famous tree climbing lions, enjoy a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel linking Lake Edward and Lake George, and trek gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest - just some of the many reasons to visit Uganda.
Crossing the border into Rwanda, discover Volcanoes National Park, where you can trek gorillas, take a forest walk in search of golden monkeys, or hike to Dian Fossey’s grave. A visit to the genocide memorial in the capital city of Kigali gives a haunting insight into the dark past from which Rwanda has risen to become one of African’s model cities.
Luxury accommodation, professional guides and custom-made safari vehicles - this safari will be the trip of a lifetime.
- The ultimate gorilla combo experience!
- Search for mountain Gorillas in both Uganda and Rwanda
- Spot tree-climbing lions in the Queen Elizabeth National Park
- This trip is only run during the dry season so has limited departure dates - get in quick!
- Stay in mid-range to luxury hotels and lodges that enhance your overall experience on this trip
Days 1-3 | Entebbe & Queen Elizabeth National Park
On arrival at Entebbe Airport you'll be transferred to your hotel and depending on your time of arrival, can spend time exploring the city. We'll take a short flight to Queen Elizabeth National Park where we enjoy a leisurely boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, where the shores are dotted with herds of elephant, buffalo, pods of hippos, and countless bird species, and game drives in this unique park famous for its tree-climbing lions.
Days 4-5 | Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
After a relatively short drive we arrive in Bwindi where we come face to face with mountain gorillas, a truly rare wildlife encounter. Experienced guides and trackers will accompany us on an early morning trek into the dense rain forest on the mountain slopes to discover these beauties and watch them go about their day-to-day activities. This is an experience you won’t soon forget!
Days 6-8 | Volcanoes National Park & Kigale
From Bwindi, we drive through the ‘Little Switzerland of Africa’ along winding mountain roads, and through rural villages, to the border of Rwanda, Cyanika. On a clear day the Virgunas can be seen ‘standing sentry’ along the border – a row of massive, dormant volcanoes watching over the region. Crossing into Rwanda, we continue to our Gorilla Trekking base in the foothills of the mountains, where you'll discover trekking gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park is a different experience to that in Bwindi due to a difference in habitat and vegetation of the bamboo forests of the Volcanoes but the trek will be just as challenging and rewarding! On day 8 we drive to Kigale to finish our tour where you will have the chance for an optional visit to the haunting Genocide Museum before your onward journey home or extended African adventures.
- Starts/Ends: Entebbe/Kigali
- Operated by: Wild Frontiers
- Dates: This tour with limited departures in the dry months
- Group size: Min 2, Max 12
- Accommodation Type: mid-luxury hotels and lodges
- Age restrictions: 16+
- 7 nights accommodation
- One way flights Entebbe to QENP
- Airport transfers and 4x4 transport
- Meals/drinks/activities as stated in the itinerary
- National Park fees
- Services of a highly experienced guide
- Take Me To Africa goody bag
- International flights & Visas
- Meals / activities not stated
- Gorilla permits $2200 / golden monkeys $100
- Travel insurance
- Pre or post tour accommodation
- Gratuities and spending money
- Items of a personal nature